Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Page 56

A fun kind of game I found on Alison's grandma's blog, Z's World (did you know that grandmas could have blogs?!).

Rules:

* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog.
*Post a link along with your post back to this blog.
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Edna Selan Epstein, The Attorney-Client Privilege and Work-Product Doctrine (5th ed. 2007)

In short, the attorney-client privilege is designed to protect a client's expectation of confidentiality regarding communications with his attorney. There has been no showing by Metro that, at the time the documents in question were generated, it had any intent or expectation that they would be concealed from its insurance carriers.

3 comments:

emily said...

the first book I grabbed did not have sentences (just pictures of molecules). So this second book will have to do.
Posttranslational Modifications of Proteins by Christopher Walsh
"Analogously, human Cdk2 needs to be phosphorylation on T160 (johnson, 2001) by a partner kinase to achieve the active state"
Wow. That was boring. Sorry about that.

Chris E. Keedei said...

Ah, this is a classic Facebook game. Here's mine: "When I make puzzles I usually try to leave my best theme answer for the bottom right-hand corner, since solvers often work a puzzle from the top down and this answer thus functions as a sort of a punch line."

Can you guess the book? It's the Bible, of course. I always keep it in my back pocket. Specifically, it's a large-print illustrated version created by 10th-century monks with vision problems. I have very large back pockets and severe spinal misalignment.

No, I'm kidding! Ha! It's from "Word Play," the book. It was only inches closer to me than Baseball Prospectus and a big book abuot beer.

Amy Mancini said...

Here's mine:

"I just - lost control."

I'm kind of embarrassed. It's from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I desperately looked around my desk for another book, but the only other one here is a phone book. I read other things, really I do.